- Transmitter does not activate system. If the transmitter does not activate the console it may be because the transmitter is not loaded into the console memory.
- To load a new transmitter into the system memory press and hold the GREEN Power/Reset button for more than 5 seconds until the buzzer sounds a second time and release the button. This sets the system into the Range Test Mode. Then press and hold the RED Emergency button and activate the Pendent/Wrist transmitter at the same time. The console buzzer will sound as soon as you press the transmitter. Release the RED Emergency button. The transmitter is now loaded into the console memory. Now conduct a range test. The system buzzer will sound each time a signal is received from the transmitter. When testing is complete press the GREEN Power/Reset button to reset the system.
- Transmitter does not activate the console from every room. The transmitter is a radio frequency device. Radio signals can be reflected and absorbed by different materials and objects and some equipment may generate radio interference which will impair operation. Try moving the console to a different location.
- Transmitter only works within a few feet of the console. Call the Vital-Link Non Emergency Office during normal business hours (1-800-338-4825, 9AM – 5PM Eastern, Monday thru Friday, Non-Emergency office is closed on all weekends and all holidays). There is a high level of radio interference or the transmitter and/or console receiver is not working properly.
- When the system is activated it alarms repeatedly about every minute and does not connect to the Vital-Link Monitoring Center. The system is not making connection with the Vital-Link Monitoring Center. The system will hang up and try again a total of 8 times. Each time the console buzzer will sound for 6 seconds at the start of the new call. If the system does not connect to the Vital-Link Monitoring Center after 8 attempts the buzzer will sound alternately on and off for about 15 seconds and then the system will reset. It may be reactivated again using the transmitter or RED Emergency button. Check your telephone cable and connections and telephone line. If the problem cannot be resolved contact the Vital-Link Non Emergency Office during normal business hours (1-800-338-4825, 9AM – 5PM Eastern, Monday thru Friday, Non-Emergency office is closed on all weekends and all holidays).
- The RED Emergency button flashes sometimes and there is no sound. The system is making a non emergency report to the Vital-Link Monitoring Center. While the call in report is in process the RED button will flash.
IF PROBLEMS CANNOT BE RESOLVED CALL THE VITAL-LINK NON EMERGENCY OFFICE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS (1-800-338-4825, 9AM – 5PM Eastern, Monday thru Friday, Non-Emergency office is closed on all weekends and all holidays). DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIRS OR MODIFICATIONS.