Setup & Installation
- Install the Vital-Link Personal Emergency Response System console in a convenient location which must be near both a telephone jack and an AC power outlet. Locating the console in the kitchen and bath areas is not recommended because of water exposure and appliances which may give off radio interference.
- Connect the telephone cord (included) to the telephone port on the back of the console marked “LINE”. Connect the loose end of that telephone cord to the wall phone jack. If you already have a telephone or other phone device connected at the wall phone jack, unplug it, and connect that device to the port on the back of the console marked “PHONE”. To review, there should be a telephone cord running from the socket on the back of the console marked “LINE” to the wall phone jack, and if applicable, a telephone cord running from the socket on the back of the console marked “PHONE” to the actual telephone.
- Plug in the AC adapter to the AC outlet. Caution: Do not use an outlet which may be turned off by a wall switch. When the AC adapter is plugged in the system buzzer will sound briefly indicating the Vital-Link Personal Emergency Response System is operational and ready to use.
- The GREEN Power/Reset button should be lit and the RED Emergency button dimly lit. Reset the console by pressing the Power/Reset button briefly and the system buzzer will sound briefly. This is SYSTEM RESET. You may reset the system in this manner to stop an emergency report if you accidentally activate the unit.
- Contact the Vital-Link Non Emergency Office during normal business hours to let them know that setup is complete and you are prepared to test the system.
* @package WordPress
* @subpackage Office Theme
* Specific Page IDs :
* 638 - New Home
* 740 - New Pricing
* 809 - New Brochure
* 811 - New Order Form